“What is the defining difference between passive and active citizens? Curiously, it isn’t income, geography, or even education. It depends on whether they read for pleasure and participate in the arts. These cultural activities seem to awaken a heightened sense of individual awareness and social responsibility.”
— Dana Gioia, Former chairman of the National Endowment for the Arts
Via Arts Professional Development workshops combine our understanding of the arts with your expertise in order to create a truly unique experience. Whether you are an educator, community organizer, or small business, our workshops are customized to enhance creative thinking and teamwork for all involved. These programs offer innovative approaches to artistic skill-building, learning outcomes, and job duties.
We'll craft programs that train your new employees or share techniques aimed at refreshing the practice of career professionals.
Our PD offerings include:
- Arts Integration workshops or residencies
- Public speaking & communication
- Ensemble & team building strategies
- Follow-up visits, emails, video or phone calls
- Interactive Social Justice & Equity in Education Trainings and Presentations (more about our presentations in Community & Civic Engagement)
Community & Civic Engagement
Our community and civic engagement projects promote connectivity within our community . We collaborate with civic leaders and community members to express their individual and group identities, concerns, and aspirations through the arts while building the capacity for social action and contributing to social transformation and social justice. We believe that through creativity we can break down the silos we find ourselves in, and enhance our individual work through a collective lens.
- Replay: Conflict Resolution Through Theatre
- Policy Through Play: Connecting the Community to Policy Making
- Re-Visioning: Divesting from Harmful Systems
- How To Talk To Kids About Race (Presentation)
- The Abolition Movement In Farmington, CT: A Community-based play project
- Changemakers: Social Justice Through Theatre
Program Design, Facilitation, and Consultation
Are you interested in implementing the arts in your community? Have an idea but not sure where to start? Through one on one consultation we will work with you to build, recruit, and implement your idea!
Interested in how we do what we do? Contact us about presentations and public speaking! Our hope is to share our tools with you for the betterment of our community.
Interested in partnering?
Contact us today!